Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this 1993 Suzuki Jimny, which is basically a Japanese domestic Suzuki Samurai. It has a turbocharged 660cc engine instead of the USDM 1.3L. Very similar in design though and they make basically the same amount of hp.. It came off the boat with a blown turbo and a hurt motor because of it ( turbo bits through the engine ). I obtained a used engine and paid a shop to do the swap because I didn't really have the time/ space for the project in the dead of winter. They did the swap but it developed an oil leak during the time they were working on it from the oil pump which is external on a Zuk. It drives behind the timing set. I'm told it's a common oil leak on Suzuki's . They kept saying they would get to it but never did and I finally towed it out.

Now the engine runs great, builds boost ect.. except it has a constant drip from the oil pump. This would involve removing the radiator, timing belt and then the oil pump. Is there any harm in trying blue devil rear main sealer?

·
Administrator
8,464 Posts
Mechanic in a can rarely if ever works. IMHO.

The K seal nano works in cooling systems, but is still dependant on the size an origin of the leak.

So I would say , NO, it wont do any good. It may however plug up a few other things.
Best to just tear into it and fix it right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts