Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 30’s rod from out of state. It has blue dot tail lights. I know they are illegal here in Arizona. I was wondering if anyone knows if simply blacking out the blue jewel on the inside (so it can’t light up) is sufficient to avoid a ticket? Or, is the fact that there is something blue on the lens the issue and cause for a ticket? Advice or any thoughts will be appreciated.

·
Registered
185 Posts
What was not enforced because it wasn't really an issue, might start being a reason to get out the ticket book. Many places tills are running low because of current events of 2020. And things they would let slide, they might start going after. No way to tell , you will know if you get stopped . You can always play the Sorry officer I did not know that, the car had them when I bought it. Hoping for a warning or fixit ticket.
I am not a fan of giving law enforcement any reason to turn on the gumball machine and light me up.
I rather go under the radar, than draw unwanted attention.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Driving a street rod draws attention big time. No way to run under the radar in one of them! My experience with the law has been the opposite, they have enjoyed looking and talking about the mods and upgrades. The exact opposite with "civilians". Every fool on the road has to pull along side and "look" and then stay there to see if you acknowledge their "thumbs up". Hope, I'm going to continue being happy!
Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Mode of transport Automotive design

·
Registered
185 Posts
Driving a street rod draws attention big time. No way to run under the radar in one of them! My experience with the law has been the opposite, they have enjoyed looking and talking about the mods and upgrades. The exact opposite with "civilians". Every fool on the road has to pull along side and "look" and then stay there to see if you acknowledge their "thumbs up". Hope, I'm going to continue being happy! View attachment 613744
I think you missed my point of under the radar.
I understand a rod, or any old vehicle will stick out from the egg shaped blobs that are on the road.
It was not giving towns/counties/cities/states that will be in need of funding because of 2020, and Easy ticket to write to make up the short fall. A blue dot, is easy pick'ns for this ,and then depending on the officer, it can go down a rabbit hole fast. Exhaust loud, too low and whatever else they can come up with. To me, it isn't worth it ,to leave open a reason to get caught up in any of that. In the end it is up to the o/p if he wants to risk it ,or not. He knows his area better that I would on what they'll let slide.
I know here, some of the towns would not bother, but the next one over, 100% will , Every chance they get. And there are a bunch of those towns. and even more that will be asking the officers to make up the lost funding with tickets. The climate of the day, that some groups are now hands off, will mean the cross hairs might be placed on areas they let slide before. (you fill in the blanks there, I danced around the subject, ).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.