Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am attempting fit a 1957 Blue Flame six into my 1935 chev ute (pickup),I will need to use the 35 bellhousing for a number of reason,herein lies the problem,the 35 bellhousing has the dowels in a different location to the back of the 57 Blue flame, the 35 was fitted with a Stovebolt motor. Does any one have some info or advice on the best and most accurate way to ensure that everything is lined up, I am considering using a large mandrel between the back end of the crankshaft and locating bore in the bellhousing that locates the g/box correctly. Perhaps there is a better way to do this.
Best Regards
Skewsy :confused:

·
Marcel
413 Posts
Blue Flame

I'd go with eng. bell and trans. altho I think the 35 trans. should bolt to the blue flame bell housing. Hope you know that the blue is a longer eng. than the 35 was. What about the radiator location.

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,624 Posts
stovebolts are cool, as are the blue flames... back to topic.

Only way I can see it fitting is drilling new holes so long as they don't hit any passageways or anything, others might have better ideas though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.