Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
canned by the man. Never thought it would happen, i figured bluebear was his secret lovespawn and that was why he was there..... I can't get over the fact he was being a shatner to the man who enabled him to build HIS car. and getting payed for it...??? what a dumb shatner. I think i'm gonna start using "bluebear" instead of "shatner".....

you know, his arguement to Boyd when he got canned, reminded me an awful lot of a few people here's attitudes' towards Jon.....
no names mentioned.
DON'T BE A BLUEBEAR.:nono:

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
crazy larry said:
canned by the man. Never thought it would happen, i figured bluebear was his secret lovespawn and that was why he was there..... I can't get over the fact he was being a shatner to the man who enabled him to build HIS car. and getting payed for it...??? what a dumb shatner. I think i'm gonna start using "bluebear" instead of "shatner".....
DON'T BE A BLUEBEAR.:nono:
I betcha a buck he'll be back before the end of the season. And I like the DON'T BE A BLUEBEAR. Maybe that will be me new way of calling out a dumarse. Dumarse is Spanglish, you know. I learnt it this summer. :D Dan p.s. You really think Blue bear is his secret lovespawn? Could be, they're both dumarses. (pronunciation of dumarse: Doo-mar-say.)

·
Registered
290 Posts
blue bear

I'm suprised he's been on the show this long. I could not have anyone like that working for me unless I was insane.
Now I can see him working as a helper with that guy in Canada that has a TV show, Redd Greene I think is his name. The one who fixes everything with duct tape.

·
Registered
55 Posts
While watching one of the episodes i was wondering why he hadnt been fired already. It seems like everytime someone says something to him he turns it into a fued and gets everyone mad.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
I don't watch that show very often, but from what I saw I got the impression that that kid was kind of a dumb *. So he was fired, good. I didn't see the show but i bet you could cut the drama with a knife.

·
... & Insanity Ensues .....
933 Posts
they build great cars, but i would have figured that boyd would be smarter then he is.

i find it comical that he divorced his wife, but still manages to have to put up with her on a daily basis

and stuff like when they had the paintball war in the shop full of finished cars ..... brilliant

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
Actually Chad(BlueBear) works for Jimmy White's Circle City HotRods right now. Charley the painter also is no longer there(he quit), he is working for Chip Foose, and Tig(Montana) the other one that was fired(fighting with BlueBear) went back to Montana and runs a dragracing team and speed shop with his Dad and Brother.
Later,
WEIMER

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
I'm glad BlueBear got fired. He shoulda' smacked Boyd right in the old kisser before he went out the door. Boyd was so adamant about boxing the frame that he made a dick out of himself. Also I'm glad Charlie went with Foose. It really shows who are the suckbutts that's left with Boyd. Maybe if some more of them stood up to Boyd when he goes around ridiculing them it would show Boyd who is actually making the money for him. I also thought he throwed the water balloons like a girl but he never got mad at Mike for saying it he got mad at BlueBear.:D

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Just one idiot in a group of idiots. Boyd only has two employees with IQ's in double digit they are his painter and the older guy that does the sheet metal and chassis work, the one with the big mustache not the grumpy b-stard that likes to blow up Styrofoam cups. If his painter is gone, there's no wonder Foose picked him up, he was good.

Centerline

·
Hauling A55 BURNING GASS!!!
235 Posts
i hardly ever watch that show but i know who bluebear was. he was calling some kid that brought parts in an elf. but i dont really like that bald guy that thinks he knows everything. he seems like the kind of person if i was working with i would say ,hey since you know it all how about you do it all to. and boyed, that guy doesnt seem to intellagent. cutting the air cleaner lit to far and not even knowing how to work his own machines. then bluebear standing there like an idiot without saftey glass's on while hes uting the metal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That show cracks me up. I'm amazed by how people manage to take great opportunities for granted and let their egos get in the way. I am specifically talking about BB and the chance he had to build "his" car on Boyd's dime, as well as Boyd managing to muck up the whole shop with his stupidity.

I worked for a guy much like that who constantly let his end of it (getting parts, making design decisions and such) lag behind until the last possible moment and then expected guys to work for 3 days straight to get the car done. Walking up to what you are working on and saying, "What's the hold up here. All you have to do is..." and then proceed to destroy what you were working on because he knows 'what' you should do but not 'how' it should be done in order to get a nice finished product.

To some degree I think the stupid things they do and some of the drama is scripted to make the show more interesting. Much like the constant "in-fighting" you see on American Chopper. If the old man was'nt hounding his son all the time about everything he did, how boring would it be? Personally I would just like to see more of the building and less personality.

·
933 Posts
that was always bullschit the way Charley always wound up the one who had to stay up all night on the last day of the build to paint the car. its so not cool that boyd would schedual extra short build times and the car would get to the paint shop right at closing time, ready for charly to do the 15 coat paint job on it b4 it gets shipped the next day

and i agree that bluebear should have smacked boyd .... he specificly said not to box the frame, boyd had the team do it anyways after bluebear left, and then boyd said something to the effect of "i own 1/2 the frame" when bluebear got fired.

the truth of the matter is that if you run a shop and do something that the cars owner SPECIFICLY tells you not to, the owner owes you NOTHING for the work, no matter how expensive, and that frame is no different

i also love the way boyd hardly ever tells his team whats going on with a car, like on the junkyard dog 56 chevy .... they did the engine mock up not knowing that it was going to have that monster sized FI system, and it was either that car or another one that the team didnt know was gonna have the extra tall magneto sized distributor, and they had to remodify the fire wall to get it in

almost every project they do, the team is flying blind, with little clue about the specifics, and they NEVER have even the basic parts they need to plan the cars build

Foose makes Boyd look like Monster Garage
(the all female episodes of MG for that matter)

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
boxing the frame....

at the get go, boyd told him that he ( boyd) would have final say in all matters related to safety. boxing that frame was a safety measure. i'm sure boyd had liability in mind, afterall, think about who was going to be driving the rod, a total bluebear. :rolleyes:

someone wants to pay you to build your rod on their dime, and you'd not do something as simple as box a frame?:confused:

Originally posted by Dinger
You really think Blue bear is his secret lovespawn?
his new wife did say he warmed her heart or some crap like that..... :drunk: and he did have a face only a mother could love.
doomarsay, isn't that french? :p

Weimer, where did you find that out?

kf, it's the second ratrod episode. it's sure to be on many many times...;)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I want to see BB get fired!! I missed it. Don't you suppose most of the high profile employees are on contract for so many episodes? There were plenty of other guys working there that you never see much of, just the weird ones like BB and Mike and Duane.

and who knows, BB might be back if they can't find another annoying smartass to keep the drama up. Like that show where they build coffee tables out of old airplane parts. The owner and that wolfman sounding dude get into it every week. He gets fired, comes back and it all starts again. The guy lives in the shop and seems to bave no skills or job description, I think he is the scripted drama queen.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Weimer said:
Actually Chad(BlueBear) works for BarryWhites SRRC right now. Charley the painter also is no longer there(he quit), he is working for Chip Foose, and Tig(Montana) the other one that was fired(fighting with BlueBear) went back to Montana and runs a dragracing team and speed shop with his Dad and Brother.
Later,
WEIMER
Glad Charley is working for Foose. He is the one employee there (and maybe the head machinist) that I would want to work with or hire.

The whole organization has real communication issues, from project planning through execution as a team. If I had a big bankroll and wanted a car built, I would call Foose, not Boyd

·
Too many hobbies!
239 Posts
Boyd is big name that means nothing.
I quit watching all those [email protected] shows, when they quit focusing on the build, and moved to the drama. If I wanted to watch soap operas, I'd take a 2 hour lunch, and stay home.
All those popular reality shows are bogus. No more reality involved that saturday morning cartoons.
Truth be told, it was probably all put on for the TV show.

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
Boyd and BlueBear's father were very good friends...Thats why he had such a hard time firing him in the last episode.
Although, love-spawn makes for a better story.
Later,
Weimer

·
933 Posts
advanced design said:

The whole organization has real communication issues, from project planning through execution as a team. If I had a big bankroll and wanted a car built, I would call Foose, not Boyd
word, id have a hard time choosing between foose design, and rad rides by troy ... 2 very professional groups

i love how foose creates his own designs and also knows how to miro-manage people so theres never any confusion

and is it just me, or does it seam like boyds shop never has any $ ? the way the exwife is always refusing to write checks for parts / tools that they NEED .. weird

·
Registered
654 Posts
lowROLLERchevy said:

and is it just me, or does it seam like boyds shop never has any $ ? the way the exwife is always refusing to write checks for parts / tools that they NEED .. weird
From the few times I've seen the show they must be operating on a COD basis. Perhaps other companies will not extend a line of credit to them.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts