Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just waundered in looking for others that are in to big motors. I just built a new 468 Chevy for my 77 Challenger jet boat. It is my only hot rod interest at the moment, but it seems that this board has a lot to offer for me as well. In turn, I can offer a unique perspective from my experience running a big motor in a marine application. Here are some pictures of the boat.

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
Welcome. Good looking boat. I worked down in Fla. in the 70's and my boss had a 427 Hollman & Moody Ford engine in a drag boat called "The Red Baron". It won quite a few races but always seemed to have trouble with the V-drives.:thumbup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jet Boat

Great looking boat & nice engine. Good luck with your ride. I also have a 1984 Challanger Jet Boat, just rebuilt and put engine back in boat 2 weeks ago. Have a GM 350, with a Holly 850 double pumper. Please let me know the color of your boat if, I see you coming I Will run and hide because your engine would put my 350 to shame :mad: any idea what our top speed could be?
Richard

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
I always had the idea of building a small 14' boat and putting the biggest outboard on it that I could find. We have a couple boats, a '73 Starcraft Cheiftan Mark 4 that is in need of help, and a '84 Imperial VC230, that is pretty nice, both have Mercruiser I/O's, the '73 has a 181 Chevy, and the '84 has a 3.7 L.

·
Registered
26 Posts

If you consider 454's big motors, then I guess i qualify as a boat motor builder. I put togeather a 454 for an x-coast guard/ secret service boat that I bought without power. Used a borg warner gear to a TRS drive. Fun boat, but a never ending pit to throw money into.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.