Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day from Adelaide, Australia, I'm a home builder with an interest in all well built cars in general and a passion for street rods and street muscles in particular. 25 years married with 3 kids, 2 grandies and, no pets, except for the 68 Camaro coupe that is my current project. It's an ex-LA car that I've owned/had under construction for 11 years. It's a base model 2V 327/glide, am converting it to RHD (left-hand shifter), adding 12" vented discs and T56 [both from local Commodore (GTO)] adapted using local adaptors and alloy bellhousing. Steering, dash and firewall are mirror imaged, including re-shaped glove box lid to follow dash curve. I've recessed the brake booster and fabricated a heater cover, both from flat sheet stock, to continue the mirror image theme. Fortunately the car is very solid, square and straight with absolute minimal rust, haven't broken one bolt in disassembly by gawd. I've fabbed an adaptor from 16mm 6061 billet to relocate the shifter 8" forward (GTO overhangs back of g/box by 2-3") to get it centered in console. It also required a longer selector spiggot into trans which shortened the throw to 5" from 1st to 2nd, can't wait to start rowing. Am updating to an 8.5'' 10bolt with vented discs and 3.73's. I fab my own stainless hard lines including wrap around clamps that firmly grip the tube. Rolling stock is 16x7 and 17x7 torque thrust 2's (with 15x7 Corvette Rallys in reserve), power is 327 with Q/jet, mild head work/cam and tri-Y's. The plan is for near stock appearance with subtle mods, long range comfort and cruisability (read 25+ mpg), mild street performance and good braking/handling. On occasion it will cop some curry but without beating the snot out of it. Enough from me. Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Welcome to the site Bob Pfeiffer. :welcome: Converting to a right hand drive must take a tremendous amount of time. Did GM make a right hand drive Camaro?

Lots of info and opinions here. To get the most out of the site check out the Knowledge Base and use the search function for quick answers to your questions. As well check out the Project Journals for info and inspiration. Glad to have you here and enjoy the site.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts