Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning everyone,

I am looking for answers/opinions-I finally got my Coupe Body on the Frame (and it even fits-Yaaaay! :thumbup: :) ) and I am in the process of shimming the Cowl for the Door fit (using those new Bob Drake rubber Biscuits) and bolting the Body down. Thinking about it, I guess the reason for this question is appearance-you could clear coat a standard Bolt, but I don't know how long it would last-

So here is the ignorant question-on your project, did you you use Stainless or Grade 5 Bolts to bolt the Body to the Frame? This car won't be a Trailer queen, but it won't be an everyday Driver either. I realize that either will work (if the Stainless is the proper Grade), but I was wondering what the consensus is here, and what everyone is doing-any thoughts?

·
Glad To Be Here
2,240 Posts
If you use stainless, be sure to liberally apply an anti-seize compound on the threaded area. Stainless bolts can gall easily.

Either stainless or steel will work fine.

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
! just use the regular bolts and make sure I have a good coat of paint on them..They are not seen when installed anyway..

Sam

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for our comments-OneMoreTime, sometimes it takes the most simple answer to make a lot of sense-thanks again everyone-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts