Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a 1939 Ford Coupe resto mod project and I need to move the body off of the rotisserie and onto the frame to drill the new firewall for a new steering column as well as for other firewall penetrations before painting. Once done, I plan to put the body back onto the rotisserie for painting. My issue is I need to put the bench seat in to mock up the steering and shifter and the interior body bracing is in the way. I had installed bracing to support the body while replacing the floor, firewall and quater panels and rockers. All this was done while the body was married to the new frame and all doors, hood deck lid, have been gapped and removed. My question is with all of the fabrication complete, is it ok to remove the interior bracing and move the body off and back onto the rotisserie without the concern of the body twisting?
Wood Bumper Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tire Bumper

·
Banned
5,557 Posts
For this situation I like to tack bolted-together tabs to everything ( just brackets made of scrap and drilled, next to the current tacks ) so the bracing can be removed and reinstalled. Because if movement does occur you'll catch it when bolting the braces back in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts