Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Spankin' Stangs all night
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find a decent forum that will answer my question so I will ask you guys...you're usually the best.

I am bodydropping my Ranger in a couple weeks. I have a small block ford V8 in it so clearance is next to none around the firewall. I know that traditionally it is cut from the floor up around the tunnel but for my case do you think it will work if I cut it higher above the tunnel between the wiper cowel and tunnel opening? There is about 3 inchs of flat steel above the tunnel. I think this will save me the clearance issue as I know for sure I will have to modify the firewall if I cut the floor around the tunnel.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the way i do it is remove the floors by drilling the spot welds along the inner rocker and along back of cab and the line behind firewall then cut the fire wall out.put the floors back in as low as you want to drop then trim SLOWLY off the top of the firewall untill the fit is of your standards.or make new firewall and tunnel thats the best way but getting the factory one to work just takes time but yeas you can take metal out of underneathe the cowl. any tec q's just email me [email protected] i have a rod shop and i do tons of chops drops cnoches and fabrication so any oh *****s you run into email me i can dig out some old pix to kind of walk you threw it and befor you cut anything BRACE THE CAB you dont want if flexing at all

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
You might want to ask Shawn at Twisted Minis about how to go about it or a lot of the guys on the S10 Forum could maybe explain it to you although you might not want to mention it's a Ranger to them. LOL!!!

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
In the event you haven't seen it, you might want to stroll through Twisted Mini's build journal. As Kevin suggests, TM is pretty much our resident expert on body dropping. You could also click on his screen name and then PM him directly with your question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts