Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,417 Posts
I fail to see the advantage of lead but hey it does work.Just a word of caution,we all know the health hazards of paint and solvents but someone new to lead may not know that it too is highly toxic to work with.It is dangerous because unlike paint it has no bad odor and will get you without warning!

· Registered
6,417 Posts
I dont want to start an argument here so this is the last I have to say on the subject.If anyone out there thinks lead is safe they better think again.I know people who still spray paint without protection but most of us know better!IF you dont care about your own health thats ok with me but please dont take anyone else with you.

· Registered
6,417 Posts
Hey guys I never said everyone should be afraid to use lead I just wanted to point out that it dont have a warning label and that it can{and will if given the chance}cause very serious health problems.If you feel like lead is right for your project just use a little common sense and treat it like any other toxic item that we all use in our hobby.I have a friend that was using lead and like so many others he had no idea that it was dangerous untill his doctor pointed it out to him.He took a blood test and was suprised to find the lead level was dangeously high even though he had no apparent illness yet.I have dealt with metals in my buisness for years and it always amazes me that somthing as toxic as lead is thought to be harmless by so many people.ALWAYS wear an approved mask for metal fumes when around MELTED lead and lead dust.Keep lead out of open wounds and your mouth{sinkers!}Just a bit of friendly advice that might save someone a major bad day!!

[ February 13, 2003: Message edited by: oldred ]</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.