Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting together stuff found under the benc and in the back yard to build a low-buck track roadster. I would like to hear some views on body mounting.....rubber, solid????

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Unit97, its all n how much money you want to spend. If you just want to drag and you don't care how you get there, go solid. I myself preffer the polyurethane bushings, but this isn't a cheap solution, you can pick up a kit for about $55.

HK

·
8,453 Posts
Rubber is best. Reduces stresses on the body that tend to break and bend it in day-to-day operation. I am pretty sure by studying photos in old magazines that Big John Mazmanian welded the body to the frame in his candy red Willys coupe!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I agree rubber is the best. If you have a local rubber supplier tell him what you are doing - he should know..........Don

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
The rubber rollers used on boat trailers make excellent spacers and have a 5/8" hole already in them. It is best to part them on a lathe with a knife shaped tool, the rubber is very firm but not flabby and makes excellent mounts or suspension bushings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts