Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
i worked in a body shop for about 6 months. its the best body shop in the area. one of the things i looked at alot was backlog, this shop ALWAYS had someone waiting to get there car in. sometimes up to 3 months! to be that bouth good and bad. its good b/c it shows that this shop is worth the wait, but its bad if u want your vehicle done in a short time. id say the average car was in there 2-3 days depending on the ammount of work. while working there we did everything to redying the interior of a 77 corvette to replacing the roof of a late 90's dodge caravan.

i would suggest driving by the shop every few days if its possible to see if the same cars are there all the time or if there is a good flow of vehicles in and out. and make sure your shop uses a good brand of paint ie: dupomt, ppg house of kolor or what not. also, if the shop has several employees so if u can talk to them to see what they think about where they work. the owner can tell u anything he wants, but the guys doin the work could tell a completely diff story.

ok ill stop rambling. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts