Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like for someone to help me to learn about hammre and dolly and metal shrinking books or advice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The best source for information is from GM performance on goodwrench engines . If you are reffering to a basic goodwrench 350 4v replacement or tbi engine there good stock engines and thats it . Your money is better spent at Summit or Paw on a crate performance engine . I was employed by GM for a time as a mechanic , I did warranty replacements and I saw the insides of may Goodwrench engines that were hopped up under the impression they were superior to what you find at the bone yard or as a reman replacement . They are just replacement engines , nothing special . The GM Performance replacement engines like the zz3,4, and 5 are very well designed street hot rod engines , very solid . Even though they are sold under the goodwrench logo all goodwrench engines arent created equil . If you are looking to buy one make sure you find out what it is exactly , a ZZ engine or a plain jane 350 replacement . Ask you Gm dealer for exact id identification . Never believe what someone tells you about one of these engines till you check the engine id codes , you will get ----ed very quick ,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Im not sure what happened here , I replied to a question about goodwrench engines and it went here , as far as metal srinking information , I saw a book from peterson publishing in Hot Rodder about the subject , it included lead work and custom panel making

·
Registered
24 Posts
Try the eastwood catalog. I got a good video with the lead tinning kit and there is another good video called Basic Techniques for working with steel by Covell. Both are well done and very informative.Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts