Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DEAR FOLKS
Afew days ago on the web-i saw the cleanest booster relocation kit i have ever seen...it let you move your brake booster to the righ almost 4 inches.

however i seem to have lost this page somehow---does anyone know what i am talking about....it bolts right onto you stock housing plate then has it's own rod and kind of a criss cross feature to push the rod in---your rod stays in place-and when you push the brakes it engages a second rod that pushes in your booster...

please i may be explaining it badly as i only got to see it for moments before i lost it---but if anyone can help me find it or somethings like it i would sure be thankfull....you also get to use the same booster and mc---nothing changes except you bolt this kit into the middle between the inside engine wall mount and the back of the booster...

thanks for any help you can lend
alaskan.:confused:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS CENTERLINE

yep it's a chevy i need the help on---again it's a kit like a box that just bolts inbetween your booster and fire wall and jogs the booster over 2-4 inches---i do not want to hide the booster-so i am not looking for a under floor or dash kit....

anyone see what i am talking about
help-i am running out of time.
john

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Sorry about that. When most people are looking to relocate their master cylinder or booster it's to clear a hemi in an "A" body Mopar. I just assumed that's what you were looking for.

I see you're from Anchorage. Spent three years at Elmendorf flying F-4s in the late 70's.

Centerline

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had not heard of that, but I have heard of a bendix hydro-vac system which lets you put a vacuum booster next to the master, or anywhere in the system, and the master cyl bolts up to the firewall. I have never seen one in person. Supposedly they can run on low vacuum. (this is not the p/s controlled hydroboost system)

·
Too many hobbies!
239 Posts
I hope the hydro-vac for cars is better than the one for trucks. Every time we have a brake problem on a 2-ton truck, if it isn't a leaking wheel cylinder, its that darn hydro-vac.
I'm kind of looking for a similar setup, myself. After I get the big block stuffed in the 62, I'm gonna need more brakes especially if I switch to disc fronts. The trouble with that, is that its an integrated brake/clutch unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.