Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was younger used to have several BMX bikes.Diamond Back Formula One,a GT Pro Performer,and a Hutch.Used to ride bike trails daily and used the GT for freestye and half pipes.I was noticing that all the young kids are either on skateboards or scooters anymore.I find it hard to believe that BMX riding is not fun to these kids.Getting out in the woods and catching big air.Man if I did not think I'd break a bone,or if there were any woods left in our county I would go get another one just to see if I could still.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I hear ya, I used to ride myself and knew Matt Hoffman when he was still with Haro. I was a Haro guy myself for a while and still miss those days. There was nothing like riding the ramp or doing flatland all day long. Some friends and I used to take a ride down to Cape May NJ and ride all over for a week or so when the season was over.

P.S. How'd you like the Hutch? Those were the Ferrari's of BMX. I always wanted one.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I liked it alot,one of the guys I rode with had a TITAN,that was the lightrest bike I had rode.Went to a pizza joint,flipped it up,went in,came out and someone left a Huffy for it.I always locked mine or took them in.I honestly liked the Diamond Back better than the Hutch though.Shimano 3 piece cranc,1.8 Araya rims,ahhh the good old days

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
I lived on my bike from ages 4-15. All of us to race everywhere on our bikes. Coolest bike I had was my Dyno Comp, fastest one was a 20" Murray that had a 6 speed, shifter was part of the handle. We used to do crazy stuff, set up ramps at the bottom of hills, fly down hills not holding the handle bars, almost get run over by cars frequently.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
When I was younger I had a bike...

Custom Chopper with a special Califiornia frame, 6" over front end, engine over bored and welded crank. Ran 9's at the drag strip without a slick and had a 160mph speed-O that I pegged more than once...stupid...stupid...stupid, but I lived to tell about it. Now I ride around on my Honda and cruise in style. BMX you say.....:thumbup: I was 30 yrs old when I bought my first bike and have ridden a lot of mile since then.

Tazz

Rat Rod Rule!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Speaking of Bikes guys, I have a GT for sale....it was my exes and he doesn't use it. I don't really know much about it, but I can get some stats for ya...I know it was around 900 when it was new and that was in 2001.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I live on my bike

here it is

and here's the sunday night cruiser

and the evening chiller

and my work in progress

I LOVE BIKES!!!:thumbup:

Mike

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
When I was riding bikes(1965), 3 speeds was a lot, the Banana seat bikes were just coming out....it was a cool time to be a kid.

I still see lots of kids on BMX bikes...............

With all the different styles of bikes these days, the kids have many different types to choose from.

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
I used to be big into skating and freestyle bikes...I still ride a board around every once in awhile and still can do some of the old school tricks on the boys bike.
Later,
WEIMER

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I bet the kids freak when the old man whips it out!!!

i know my boys about chit when they found out i could bunny hop over more crap than they could. and on a bigger bike.

I still have my diamondback.:thumbup:

it just hurts more now days.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dig those crazy cats on those motocross bikes,who would have thought back then that you would see guys catching stratsophere air,and pulling a backflip all at once.I love watching that,my son will always yell at me if it is on and we could watch for hours.

·
il enforcer
75 Posts
Oh yeah. The careless days of youth. I still have my Pk Ripper. w/landing gear forks, hutch bars and laid back seat post, profile cranks and tuff2 wheels.

SE racing is no longer in operation and I hear a PK/Quadangle frame set is worth a few$$$.

Now I ride an Iron horse Warrior.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts