Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at buying a set of plugs for my 85 454 and i saw these in the carter book i got for the truck. it said they were once seen as snake oil but actually increased power and mpg.

then i read that they really dont, and american vehicles hate them... so idk what to think.

is there a plug that everyone used in there stock 454 that they recommend using? and gap? i dont really care about the 2-4 prong hype, i was just looking up good plugs for my truck

·
Registered
878 Posts
Agreed. AC/Delco is original to all GM cars and trucks. CANNOT "go wrong' with them.

Platinum plugs work VERY well in the proper environements. If your vehicle is still equipped with a catalyst, and operating temperature is maintained above 190 (F), the self-cleaning properties of the platinum are excellent. Once temps drop below 180 (F), the effect is lost. They can and will "foul" quite easily if mixture goes "fat".

FWIW

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.