Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone..first thing is i am a amateur painter in my garage for about a year now and the last 5 cars i painted turned out realy good until today,ive been working for 2 weeks prepping this 1971 cadalac eldorado for a buddy and its been sitting in his garage for the last ten years with no glass or interior collecting dust and dirt,well tonite i decided to put my base on which is limco 4 with a hvlp develbus gun with 1.3 nozzle with 30 lbs air at the gun,well my first mistake was i had too much material comming out,got some run , then i got a blast of dirt and some plases on the car have little pinholes in it,this is the first coat,got frustrated and i have left it and i cant get back to it till sunday.my question is will i beable to sand the runs and dirt out and keep going or do i have to sand it all off.any advice would be greatly appreiciated.thankx from jovilinc

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Just sand good with 600 or finer wet and dry. I usually wet sand . Clean car good and wax and grease clean, blow off and tack good before you re-shoot. Its best to re-mask car before you repaint. Then clear coat as you normaly would.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
swvalcon said:
Just sand good with 600 or finer wet and dry. I usually wet sand . Clean car good and wax and grease clean, blow off and tack good before you re-shoot. Its best to re-mask car before you repaint. Then clear coat as you normaly would.
thank u for the reply,ill let u know how i make out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
swvalcon said:
well i took your advice and reshot the car and it turned out not too bad,still got alot of dirt nubbs but i think they will come out in a good buffing,i dont think ill ever paint another 38 year old cadalac though ,too many angles and way too much car,lol,my next project is my own 86 lincoln mark vii,lsc ,i hope to make a hotrod out of her,nice car,thankx again, jovilinc :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.