Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
72 grabber 51F-1 65 chevystang
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I found a van and decided to buy it. It is a 76 chevy c-10 cargo van. It has custom carpet covered in garbage and a bunch of other things. It has a good running 350 4bbl in it. It has a custom radio with cb radio and highback buckets with a custom wood panel interior. The owner promised me it would make it to california with no problems. The truth is that its a nasty old van with a good running and driving 350 for $300. I plan to use the engine and tranny in the 51 cause the starter bolt hole is busted on the 350 in it. I am pretty bored as you can probaly tell by now. Anyone wanna help strip a van :thumbup:

·
Administrator
18,633 Posts
Don't strip that van, man.........Drive 'er to Callyforny and live in it for the winter........... :thumbup:

Whoops, thought I was back in 1977 for a minute there......... :D

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wretched ratchet said:
dang, I thought you were gonna have to change your user name - - - of course the '51 is a Chevy, right? :D :D :D
built ford stuff with chevy stuff, I have a chevy ford pickup and a chevy 65 mustang lol. The owner is my dads best friend and told me if it didn't make it to california I could call him. He wouldn't be home but I could call him lol

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
poncho62 said:
Don't strip that van, man.........Drive 'er to Callyforny and live in it for the winter........... :thumbup:

Whoops, thought I was back in 1977 for a minute there......... :D
Wow!!!, I know what you mean i had a 70 ford van with shag carpet wall to wall and bunk beds that folded up, Man i camped out in that thing all the time. Cole

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
When ya get done stripping it, tow it down by the river and remove the wheels, set it up on blocks and leave it. Chris Farley did that Skit on SNL "I am Matt Foley and I am a motivational speaker. I am 35 years old, I am divorced,, and I live,, In a van down by the river" lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
When I had a van or two or three or four or more...........

In the 70's I had a chopper shop and the economy went flewee .Like alot of us I got into vans.Chopping,customizing,painting murals ect.It got me and my family through and as well alot of other shops.Though the hog biz was $ and#1 it was not where the real deal lie.Vans are gone but the memories,Never,Dont be knockin if this vans arockin,KEEP ON TRUCKIN< :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I found an old Chevy van about 10 years ago that was totally customized in 70's garb. Even had the dual horns on the roof and blacklights on the inside. I needed a van for the restaurant we had. It was only 500 bucks and in really good shape. I bought it and had it in the parking lot for 2 days and this older hippie type dude came in and offered me $2000.00 for it! I was going to strip it down but a quick $1500.00 seemed like a score at the time. I should have kept it.

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
old fords said:
anybody know how to get the engine out of one of these. I was told the front suspension unbolts and you drop the engine from the bottom but I am not sure
I have done a few of these and what i did was removed the front clip and brought it out through the front of the van.JMO...Cole

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
we got it home today. I have already got the grill, winshield, dash and doors off. Tomorrow I am going to torch the firewall out and pull the engine. Hopefully this will be the basis for a vortec headed 355. Did anyone else know these vans were unibody. The frame and floor are all made together

·
Car? Truck? Who Cares
2,485 Posts
eloc431962 said:
Wow!!!, I know what you mean i had a 70 ford van with shag carpet wall to wall and bunk beds that folded up, Man i camped out in that thing all the time. Cole
Camped out my Hiney :D

We did NOT camp out in a van-----we camped outside.

Camping out in a van is not camping----it's cardio excercise and extra-curricular activities :evil:

·
Administrator
18,633 Posts
Bryan59EC said:
Camped out my Hiney :D

We did NOT camp out in a van-----we camped outside.

Camping out in a van is not camping----it's cardio excercise and extra-curricular activities :evil:
"If this vans a rockin', don't come a knockin'"................ :thumbup:

·
one full turn after it squeeks
1,173 Posts
geezer69 said:
hahaha, i better just shut up. i could get in trouble dang quick with this one.good one poncho......member the 60's.....wow! :p
"like a picture she was standing there
moon light dancing off her hair
she woke up and took me by the hand"

Oops, sorry I was having a flash back :nono:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.