Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you saw my thread about the 98 4x4 Blazer LS, we brought it home tonight. It was about 38 degrees and I was outside waxing it, lol. Typical me. The salesman went down from $7195 to $5250, eventually. The pictures almost don't do it justice, there's only one ding on the whole car. The interior is this fawn color, not my top choice, but my mom likes it.

I offered to put up a $1,000 towards the bill because yours truly is definitely going to put some miles on this thing. But the parents said my money wasn't needed. Ah good. Then we get it home and my dad starts telling me that I have two cars to drive and I shouldn't really be taking this one anywhere, we can't afford it if you wreck it.... Ok dad, right, uh hu, I know, yea, ok. (Guess who's holding the only key that the dealer gave us? that's right, me. And guess who is getting up early tomorrow and getting himself a key made. that's right.)

Pretty nice car, I should have ditched the ghetto jet and the accord and bought it.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
good deal.

There are always good deals to be found, however. It would be cheaper for you just to have one car to do parts/maintenance and insurace on... not to mention more space in the driveway.

You know you can only drive one car at a time right?

lol

K

·
Registered
48 Posts
i tell you what, i wouldnt buy a blazer if you gave me a million bucks, well id buy it but lord no, i wouldnt drive her. the only time i see those things arround here are when they are lying on their roofs. just drive her nice on corners, and dont try to evade anything...just hit it...you have a better chance of survival in that thing if you go at it instead of trying to flip her. good luck with that though

·
il enforcer
75 Posts
<the only time i see those things arround here are when they are lying on their roofs>

Thats what they said about the Ford Explorer.(excepting the tire problem) I swerved to avoid hitting deer on many occasions and never rolled it. I suppose if I drove it like a sports car I would have rolled it but that would not be the vehicles fault.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think SUV's roll as often as 20/20 leads you to believe. They do roll over twice as often as passenger cars, but it's still a narrow margin. My mom, who will do 90% of the driving in it, is a very conservative driver. No worries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts