Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a complete new brake system (master cyl and stainless) on my 68 GS Buick. After bleeding brakes, leaks ocurred at the front brake hose connection and proportion valve connections. Using dot 5. Any recommendations? Thanks Frank

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
If you did them you would know if you did them double flare. If you bought them already done then most likely they are double flare.

To do a double flare you first make a bulge (with the little black things in the pic below) in the line and then you flare it. You end up with a fold at the outside part of the flare and the end of the tube on the inside.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
The double flares are somewhat more difficult to make properly than single flares. You could have a couple of bad flares. Overtightening will cause leaks also...I general just snug my brake lines and then just gradually tughten untill they seal...kinda got to sneak up on them, Lmao. :) Anyway good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.