Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help . my brakes are bled , everything is in proper order , but my front brakes lockup after about 2 or 3 blocks driving . the pedal is fine , not too soft or too hard , master cylinder is a year old and has been bench bled , the booster is about 5 years old . worked just fine , but if i press the brakes several times , the fronts lock , but if i remove the vacuum to the booster , the brakes release , i'm a little confused , PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
My first suspicion would be the pushrod that goes from your brake pedal to the brake cylinder. Make sure it is seated in its dimple and hasn't dropped down around the lip of the piston. Also make sure that you don't have the pushrod adjusted out too far and its allowing the vaccum from the engine to build up behind the diaphragm in the booster.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay , sounds good , i will try anything at this point , it just has me baffled , it just started it out of nowhere and just about threw me off the highway one night , thanks a million , mike

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
You there is a brake pedal adjuster on the rod which you may have extended to far into the mastercylinder and causing the brakes to do this...back off the adjustment and start again. adjusting the rod to just hit the cup in the mastercylinder without pushing into it.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay , i'll check it out , i've driven the stude with this setup for a while , even made a 1600 mile trip , never a problem , then suddenly , that's why i agree with you guys , seems like all is okay , but the padal or rod has to have gotten misalighned somewhere . anyway , thanks buddy and cool rides you have by the way , mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well , i tried all of the above , none of it has worked , it has gotten better , but still not perfect, so i think i'm gonna change out the booster and master cuz it almost seems as maybe over a period of time they have gotten worn and the plunger wont release all the time because it may be in a bind and when i let of vacuum the booster draws back . anyway , we'll see , thanks guys , mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts