Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My Eyesite is going to hell. Need brighter headlight on my 36 Ford pickup. I have Halogen bulbs now with turn signal lights in the original buckets. Reflectors are nice and bright. Any ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
The relays will certainly help, but if you are using your original reflectors, as they don't seem to diffuse the available light very well (in my experience anywau9)-
I used a Headwinds conversion, and then put United Pacific lights (with LED turn signals) in them (with relays)- worked well-

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Rustman
Been down this road many times.
Back in the day of cource, sealed beam converter kits were used = ugleyer than ugley. Circa 1969 I used Suzuki H-4 quartz halogen lamps, added amber signal/running lamps. In my '32 Ford sedan delivery.
In our old faithful '33 sedan delivery with repro comercial head lights I got a new production reflectors from Bob Drake, a better reflector. Better but the problem is the lenses that light up the tree tops really good, har, har.
Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle Wheel

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Cloud

Clothing Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire

However, we have cruized 145,000 fun miles !
Jim 410 535 1933

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello. My Eyesite is going to hell. Need brighter headlight on my 36 Ford pickup. I have Halogen bulbs now with turn signal lights in the original buckets. Reflectors are nice and bright. Any ideas. Thanks.
Rustman
Do you have a dedicated ground ? Not the core support or sheet metal
Quartz halogen lamps draw more current. Do you have dedicated grounds ? Not the core support or sheet metal.
Are ALL wires at least #14 AWG ?
Jim 410 474 2244
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle registration plate Grille

·
Registered
726 Posts
I hate to say the obvious, but here goes: you need to do things in order: if your "eyesite is going to hell", you first need an eye doctor, if you have not done it yet. Sure, old headlights are not always ideal and can be improved. But if your eyes go, you risk an accident, good headlights or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts