Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know much about the steering aspects of cars, so heres a newbie question probably. Well, Ok, I was driving my camaro around. met up with a friend. Did the usual, just messin around on the road. He just got his car, wanted to do a donut, wanted to see whos could do it better. I know I know, its a bad idea to do that, but hey...somethings and certain times you just cant resist. Anyways, I did one...and right then my steering felt like the power steering went out. Opened hood to see if maybe the belt came loose, nope. Alright, so I turn car off, then back on. Hmm, power steering restored. Went forward for a bit, tried to turn, went out again. Its been out since then. Hard as hell to turn. The steering wheel has alot of play in it, as in...i can turn it a few degrees either way, but the wheels dont turn. Takes alot of effort and a lot of turning to turn the wheel in just a slight way. Anyone have any idea what this could be? Thanks ya'll, take care.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
To play or NOT to play!!!

Sounds like the pump took a poop! You didn' say if you Ck'ed fluid levels, did you? Sometimes playing cost's a bundle...thats why not everyone with a lot of HP goes drag racing...don't want to blow up their investment!!! When you play you gotta be willing to pay Dude!!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, pump took a poop, thats a funny expression. Well, yea checked fluid level, bout half full. Hmm, yeah, playing does cost a lot...damnit. Actually thinking of selling it anyways, dont like the 80's alot, want to get something older, like 70's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts