Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay not exactly like that. I want to sign my paint job. Can I use a small brush and paint it on? This would happen just before I shoot clear and have already shot my base coats. I am just thinking it might make ridges which would mess up how you color sand that area. Should I only air brush my name on? Thanks -Mike

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I really don't see why you couldn't. I've touched up chips and areas before clear when doing a blend that were out near the edge of the panel where I didn't want to be shooting color, just to make them look a little better. If anything, allow it good time to flash before clearing, because is likely going to be a bit thicker then if spraying on. As far as covering it and leaving a ridge, I don't think you will have much problem with a few coats of clear. A tape line can get pretty thick with a number of coats and be tough to bury, but don't think brushing on a little basecoat to sign it is going to be too tough to bury.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.