Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rolled into town after work and 89 Octane Ethanol was down to $1.99! :eek: Bet that doesn't last long............... :pain:

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
tfeverfred said:
How does that stuff burn? I have not tried it.

I've been using it for almost 20 years, I've run it in everything from my old 283 '62 Chevy to our '99 Alero including old late 60's/early 70's Tecumseh and Kohler powered Wheel Horse garden tractors. I like it just fine, my '94 LeSabre got 29 MPG @ 70 MPH on the interstate with it and I just retired it at 201,000 miles because of rust, CV joints, rear struts and brakes. It still ran great and the only fuel system parts I ever replaced were the occasional filter, one injector and the fuel pump at about 100,000 miles. I ran it in the '62 for 10 years with no issues, I did put brass needles and seats in it when I first put the Holley carb on it but I don't think it was really necessary. I don't understand why everyone is so down on it, maybe because they believe all the BS you read about it eating up your fuel lines and making your tank rust. Never saw any of that on my stuff.

I tried running 87 Octane regular for a few tankfuls just to see if there was a big mileage difference like some people claim thinking I would get even better mileage. Sorry guys but I could not see any measurable difference in my vehicles. I suppose that will vary from vehicle to vehicle but it didn't for me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i saw gas for $1.89 today, that is for 87 octane unleaded. there is a citgo in town that sells unleaded and midgrade for the same price. when ever i can i like to go over there and put some mid grade in. but i have knoticed with premo i get better gas mileage but then again i drive to school wich is 50 miles both ways 3 times a week.

·
Registered
128 Posts
buck 99 gas!

I live in the Peoples Communist Republic of California . We Have beautifull Blondes, Cool Beach'es, Red Wood forest, Great winery's ? 1.99 a gal. Yeah right ? Not even in the Movies ? 1.99 I might be able, too afford, too go see some of these, really cool thing's, we Californian's Boast about ! Sean

·
The AMC, FORD, & CHEVY Guy??!!
299 Posts
Last sunday I got gas out in the sticks of Ohio for $1.97. Just 2 days ago the local station where I live dropped to $1.99. There is a station in the columbus area that is at $1.89.

Edit: I forgot that Toledo, OH had the cheapest gas at $1.79 last week.

·
Building a 10 footer.
156 Posts
chevyluvnpuppy said:
I was in Toronto tonight (Canada) gas was 69.9 Cents a litre. Just about crapolade my pants.. Havent seen it that cheap in years!

Pup
It's been quite low lately. Almost makes me wish my car was on the road, so each take full wouldn't cost me much every other day. :mwink:

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Sean's said:
I live in the Peoples Communist Republic of California . We Have beautifull Blondes, Cool Beach'es, Red Wood forest, Great winery's ? 1.99 a gal. Yeah right ? Not even in the Movies ? 1.99 I might be able, too afford, too go see some of these, really cool thing's, we Californian's Boast about ! Sean
Ain't that the truth! There would be riots here if gas dipped below 2 bucks a gallon at just one station. $2.48 is the cheapest I've seen in awhile.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.