Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of bucket seats from a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse that I am going to be installing into my 1969 Chevy C-10 Pickup. I was wondering what it should cost to have the seats re-upholstered. I have gotten a couple of prices from some local shops, and they want almost $400 each to recover them in vinyl or cloth. This seems really steep to me, considering I can buy a leather kit for these seats from Katskin for $579. Am I wrong in thinking this is too much? Can anyone recommend a shop in San Jose or close?

Thanks
Subman

·
First name...............Shawn
631 Posts
$400 each is a bit much for vinyl or cloth. Labor should be around $200 per seat, with the vinyl or cloth being only about $60-$80 per seat.

I hate Katskins. I have never seen cheaper leather used on seat covers. Ive unfortunatly used them twice and both times i had to resew parts of them. And their leather seats have more vinyl in them than leather. I installed a guys Katskin covers a couple years back. This dude claimed they were 100% leather (they definitely werent), the Katskin people told him this so it must have been true. Junk Junk Junk.

·
Registered
106 Posts
kristkustoms said:
$400 each is a bit much for vinyl or cloth. Labor should be around $200 per seat, with the vinyl or cloth being only about $60-$80 per seat.

I hate Katskins. I have never seen cheaper leather used on seat covers. Ive unfortunatly used them twice and both times i had to resew parts of them. And their leather seats have more vinyl in them than leather. I installed a guys Katskin covers a couple years back. This dude claimed they were 100% leather (they definitely werent), the Katskin people told him this so it must have been true. Junk Junk Junk.
I installed Katskins in my Camaro almost 2 years ago, at this point I am actually very happy with them. I drive it daily, and am in and out frequently, not a problem with them yet..

·
Registered
290 Posts
Seat Recovering

I hate Katskins also. The only set we installed required added material to the drivers seat. I think they are a Vinyl that looks and feels like leather. $560 for a set of seats is right on. I don't think people realize what it takes to do a set of seats and make them look great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.