Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 350, complete sans Oilpan, and Gaskets. I dont have much money, being a student, but anywho. What kind of options do I have for a budget buildup. I don't need 400 hp, thought it would be nice :D . My main concern is making sure I will not have to work on it every month to keep it going. A stout 300 hp would be fine.

Are there certain parts I can sroung up for cheap, and are there any parts I shouldn't get used? It will be a street, daily driven vehicle, 1986 Grand Prix. It will eventually be hooked up to a th350.

How extreme with the cam can I go before I need to change springs? Assuming nothing severe is damaged, How much do you think I'd be looking, roughly, to get this thing going.

I know its alot to ask, but any help is grealty appreciated. Thank you.

·
http://teamrfc.gospelcom.net
1,742 Posts
There are a lot of different options, but it would me most helpfull if you could give us an idea of how much money you can spend. Also, what is the motor out of. Do you know the casting numbers of the heads?

Adam

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Money wise, hopefully I'll be able to average about 100 bucks a month, for this time next year, so 1000 give or take.

It was originally in a 1977 Parisenne. Ill grab the casting numbers tommorow.

Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts