Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Some of the less expensive buffers can take a few seconds to spool up. I use a B&D Model 6138 which is now sold as a DeWalt. It has 16 years and several hundred cars under its belt. Not as heavy as a Milwaukee, heavier than a Makita.

If this is for your own car and will get used a couple times a year, you really can't go wrong with Makita, DeWalt, Milwaukee, or even a more expensive Craftsman model. If you will be using this to make a living, get a DeWalt.

Chris

·
Registered
181 Posts
Buy a Dewalt model 849 and you will never need another. IMO this is the finest buffer made for automotive buffing. Electronic variable speed to 3000 RPM. Spin those wool pads at 2800 on flat panels, slow it down to 2100 in tight spots. Foam pads at 1800 on flat panels and slow it down to 800 in tight areas. This is the machine the pro's use. Some may flame me for these speeds but I use Presta products and these speeds work best for me. Did I say I hate foam pads? They'll get you in trouble in a heartbeat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.