Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a 1972 chevrolet chevelle. its got its years of paint wear but the paint is 100%. but the "clear coat" is totally gone. does anyboday have any answers to which product is the best to 'uncover' that gloss coat or the best product to buff out the wear on the paint and make it somewhat new again?Thanks! and also...what is the best way to buff...by hand or power or what?

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
First welcome to Hotrodders.com. Best site on the web! I am not sure if I understand your problem. When you say the clear coat is 'gone' do you mean just dull but still there or worn off leaving the base coat exposed? If the former, it is easily restored with a buffing, if the latter, there is nothing you can do except repaint. As far as the how-to of buffing, do a search on the site on that topic. There is so much good info on here it would be a waste and redundant to try and repeat it all in this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.