Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I recently purchased a 1968 Buick gs350, 4speed car. Has anyone ever seen a buick gs 350 with a four speed? If I restore this thing to original, will it be worth something? I looked online and according to what I have read, there was only 23,000 buick gs models in 1968, and there was 800 and some with four speeds. I mean how many of these cars that have four speeds will be left, most of them would of been crushed and junked? Would it be worth fixing up or selling it how it is, its in decent shape with very little rust, which is suprising because im up in Canada. Ive already had a couple offers that were tough to say no to.

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
Any '68 Buick A- Body has to be hard to come by now. They weren't exactly "coveted" back in the day so most got trashed. Now it would be beyond cool to have one, ESPECIALLY a factory 4 speed! Don't expect it to be a big money maker though, if you want to turn a buck and get decent offers on it then now is the time to sell not after you've sunk a bunch of money and work into it. Personally I'd keep it but I always liked that body style and they look bad @## dropped in the dirt.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,460 Posts
Unfortunetly unless it is a big block it just isn't worth that much. Still a cool car, but money wise, it is quite a bit less than the 400.

Brian

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Cool car, I know of one 1970 GS350 4 speed, special ordered, and another 68 Sprt wagon with a 350 4 speed (do you think that might be rare?) those are good engines and a nice platform, even if they all kind of looked like they backed into a tree.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.