Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a 95 Riv with what I believe is a bad tranny. It wont move period. Reverse, Drive, whatever. Engine turns, RPMs increase, but no movement! So I've been told the easiest way to replace it is to pull the engine. Anyone know of a good online walkthrough somewhere I can look at? I couldn't find one, so I figure a haynes manual is my best bet, but I thought I'd ask. Maybe someone knows an easier method to replacing the tranny??

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
6,391 Posts
Your best be would be to sign up for alldata. They have a personal one that you can only get info on 1 or 2 vehicles I believe. It is fairly cheap and will give you step by step with good illustrations . It could save you hours. I am not familiar with that exact car but I have pulled trannys on similar vehicles and they cam out the bottom. Most recently a 96 Bonneville.
It is not a job to do without a lift !!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow....didn't know they actually come out the bottom.....Don't have a lift!! I've got a friend who has a friend (lol) that works for GM and they give him access to the shop after hours for personal use. I'll see how much he'd want to do it for me. I'll check out that alldata. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.