Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 65 C10 that I'm building a 350 sb for. I would like to have about 300-350hp. It was recommended from a friend that I find a stock motor in this range and use the same parts the factory used. I've gone as far as to purchase a 75' 350 4 bolt and a set of 68' double hump heads. I had the heads changed from 1.94's to 2.02's. I was thinking of using an Edelbrock Performer intake and an Edelbrock 600 manual choke. I don't know where to find the specs on the best pistons and cam to use.

·
Registered
242 Posts
it sounds like you already know what you are doing. stick with your instincts, and shop around a lot,prices on parts vary wildly i would maybe go with a power package deal (edelbrock) from jegs or another reliable source since you express interest in the carb and intake. this kit claims to have a cam that will work well with carb and intake to make max hp,it will also save the expense of buying the parts seperately.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The Edelbrock performer cam might be a little shy of what you are trying to do. Use a cam like the Comp 268 with around 218 degrees @ .050"
That should put you well into 300hp territory.

I would use flattop pistons. They should give you around 9.5 compression with the double humps. You don't necessarily need forged. Hypereutectics should work fine.

You should consider using 6" connecting rods. They will help to flatten out your torque curve. They also reduce piston rock because of the higher wrist pin. Just remember, you have to get the right pistons to run these connecting rods. It will cost you more, but I believe it is worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts