Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My name is David Reeder and I live in Biloxi, Ms (hurricane Katrina country). I did OK in the storm, I was lucky. I have a '55 Chevy, Bel Air, 2 dr sedan and an '86 Monte Carlo which I am currently working on. I am converting the Monte Carlo from a 4.3 V6, 3 speed trans to a 350 V8, 4 speed overdrive. I have a lot of work to do because I am installing factory guages in place of idiot lights, and changing the wiring from a fuel injected system to a carb. Also have to run wiring for the transmission. This car was really set-up lousy from the factory. A V6, 3 speed lock-up with a 2.29 rear end that would not get out of it's own way. I have already changed out the rear end to a 3.42 set of gears - big difference! Anyway, I want some power from the 350 but don't want to go crazy. This will be a daily driver running pump gas. The 350 engine I have is from a '78 p/u truck and was rated at 165 HP. Not good. I am trying to add a decent set of heads and a mild cam just to improve it. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks for having me here.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders David....best to ask your question in the Engine forum....that way the folks with all the answers will see it. This is the Introduction forum. Glad to have you with us. :welcome:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts