Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. My name is David Reeder and I live in Biloxi, Ms (hurricane Katrina country). I did OK in the storm, I was lucky. I have a '55 Chevy, Bel Air, 2 dr sedan and an '86 Monte Carlo which I am currently working on. I am converting the Monte Carlo from a 4.3 V6, 3 speed trans to a 350 V8, 4 speed overdrive. I have a lot of work to do because I am installing factory guages in place of idiot lights, and changing the wiring from a fuel injected system to a carb. Also have to run wiring for the transmission. This car was really set-up lousy from the factory. A V6, 3 speed lock-up with a 2.29 rear end that would not get out of it's own way. I have already changed out the rear end to a 3.42 set of gears - big difference! Anyway, I want some power from the 350 but don't want to go crazy. This will be a daily driver running pump gas. The 350 engine I have is from a '78 p/u truck and was rated at 165 HP. Not good. I am trying to add a decent set of heads and a mild cam just to improve it. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks for having me here.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.