Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm looking into building a motor from the ground up. I'm looking at something heavier in Horsepower and Low-end Torque rather than flat out speed, but not something extremely low-end like a Diesel. Money isn't too much of a factor. I'd just like to have the motor totally completed for less than 5,000.

As of right now, I'm looking for a older Chevy Silverado body to throw this motor in, so it will be sittin in a larger truck. I just don't know what type of engine would give me good horsepower and awsome torque. I'm not a Ford man by any means, so I won't even consider any Ford engines. I was thinking somewhere along the line of perhaps a 350 with a 400 Cam, or going with a 383 Magnum. Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

-Scott

·
Registered
52 Posts
Stonewall said:
Hey guys. I'm looking into building a motor from the ground up. I'm looking at something heavier in Horsepower and Low-end Torque rather than flat out speed, but not something extremely low-end like a Diesel. Money isn't too much of a factor. I'd just like to have the motor totally completed for less than 5,000.

As of right now, I'm looking for a older Chevy Silverado body to throw this motor in, so it will be sittin in a larger truck. I just don't know what type of engine would give me good horsepower and awsome torque. I'm not a Ford man by any means, so I won't even consider any Ford engines. I was thinking somewhere along the line of perhaps a 350 with a 400 Cam, or going with a 383 Magnum. Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

-Scott
Hey i have a 383 fully roller all name brand parts,srp,eagle,comp etc. never been in a vehicle only on a dyno and made 502 hp,and 468 ft lb of torque,and I'm selling it for 4,500 dollars warrenty included db performance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts