Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im having someone build a sbc for street not strip. the motor is bored over 30 i went with a mild rv tourque cam elderbrock torker 2 intake factory heads , motor is 70~s 4 bolt main also elderbrock 600cfm 4 barrel carb , with long tube headers . an according to the guy building the motor it has a strong crank an good pistons. does this sound like a good start ? i will be using a posi rear end with 3:08 gear ratio with a 350th trans with a shift kit . can anyone on here give me a good estimate of hp with this set up?

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,783 Posts
engine

Welcome to the site.

As an engine builder I have to ask, did you ask the engine builder these questions??? He should be the one you talk to.

Your going to get a bunch of different opinions about what to do. Like the one you have about the intake. You didn't give any where near enough info about the engine for some one to tell you the intake is incorrect. There is not a person on the face of the earth smart enough to make an observation about the intake with the info you gave.

Now your going to go back to the builder and tell him some guy on the internet told me you have the wrong intake on my engine???

Keith

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

i will find out more about the intake ..... im new to this when i was young did a few engine swaps but never a rebuild. well besides the intake does it sound like a decent set up for a sunday cruiser lol?

·
World Famous VF-14
468 Posts
That intake you have is not a good choice for a mild rv cam and low to mid rpm operation on the street, you really need a dual plane type intake, Single planes will kill your low end and you will be back to the builder complaining about the engine running crappy. Anyone that builds engine should know that is a disastrous combo. I'd find out more about that cam he has planned. Also post up the casting number of your heads, factory smog heads where junk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.