Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since my welding teacher is giving me a really good deal on another quarter of welding class, and sells really cheap mettle, i decided to start building a hot rod this spring. and to make it official, i bought a 302 today :thumbup: it came with an fmx tranny but i plan on buying a 4 speed manual. i plan on fabricating pretty much everything for this rod. im going underslung in the rear and ford twin traction beam up front. simple and cheap are the main ideas. isnt that everybodys dream? i am just finishing an 11 week class in wich i learned mig,tig,ocy-fuel, and arc welding. as well as plasma and oxy-fuel cutting. i also bobbed the bed on my truck (body work experience :thumbup:) and built front and back bumpers and a winch mount. so i have a little bit of experience going into this. and also a brilliant teacher, an invalueable im thinkin.

any advice? words of encouragement? anybody wanna steer me in the right direction of building a tub?

also if anyone from oregon wants to tell me about dmv rules...

thanks

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
Why don't you just go to the DMV website and check it out? I wouldn't want to take just anybodys word for it because in the end...you have to deal with the DMV folks. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dmv right.. there website is so confusing... research takes just as long building huh? how wide are the bodies on your t-buckets-hot rods? im trying to draw up rough plans and trying to figure out foot room. not much it looks like. also, how high out of the fram rails do you have your engine sitting?
thank you all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.