Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys. Ive been thinking of ways to drop my car (53 chev) a bit without destroying the ride quality. I have the suspension all apart and plan on rebuilding it stock. I know i can buy dropped uprights and steering arms, but i was wondering, ive been looking at these dropped springs, along with a disc brake conversion kit, from Jamco. They come in 1, 2, and 3" drops. my car is going to be a daily driver, so im thinking 2 inches. anyway, i was wondering if these dropped spings would cause bumpsteer or not. They are made to be drop your car, while maintaining the ride, so would they be stiffer or have a smaller comression? should i get dropped steering arms just to be safe? has anybody dealt with Jamco? Thanks for any and all help,
-Led

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
You're making this much harder then it really is... Put in the dropped springs along with all of your new suspension pieces and then get it aligned at a competent shop. You should have no problems with bump steer because you are not changing the geometry.
Mark

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I'll do it just like you suggested! Thanks again,
-Led

1 - 3 of 3 Posts