Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm rebuilding my borg warner t10. I found the input shaft needle bearings melted. So i have to undersize and hardener the main and input shaft. Now the new needle bearings dosent fit. Anyone has run a solid bushing?

·
More for Less Racer
20,942 Posts
Speed differences in gears 1, 2 and 3 along with load is too much for a bushing, it will never survive. No pressurized oiling either, it will quickly ruin the bushing....if it goes 1000 miles I will be amazed.

You will need to replace that mainshaft and probably the input shaft too, since the outer race for those needle bearings is the inside of the back of the input shaft.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Looks like the OP is in Argentina. This is going to be tough sledding. You cannot use a bronze bushing, for the reasons Eric stated. You definitely CAN have that spray welded, remachined and heat treated; or source a replacement input and mainshaft. Ed Hartnett is one of the best and ships worldwide. I will send you a private message with his email

·
Gotta love a turbo!
2,734 Posts
Watch the "Dicing With Death" series on Amazon Prime and see what some of these guys have to do to keep their vehicles running. One episode had a ring & pinion change in a mud rut, another had a 3 man crew with a rope wrapped around the crank pulley as the "starter"...

Russ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.