Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought i was sold a scat forged crank by a unscrupulous machine shop here in south florida..after getting the numbers off the crank i found that it was a C.A.T. forged crank. should i have any concerns?

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
I bought a CAT crank off eBay, I was not impressed with it, the journal finish was not at all to my liking and it was not very appealing looking in general. I got rid of it and bought a genuine Scat, night and day difference. The Scat is a work of art compared to the CAT. I have also read a lot of negative feedback on the internet about CAT cranks since then. I'd take it back if you can.

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
funbiz99 said:
no taking anything back....all it will do is cost me more going to this place..either i live with it or start from scratch

Bummer! Been there, done that.......... :pain: I all but gave mine away to a guy that was willing to risk it, I wasn't. In the meantime I got a 1 Pc. rear main block and managed to get a good buy on a Scat to fit it.

Take it to a reputable machine shop and have them check it over. It may be OK or at least salvagable. Good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
the key word is reputable machine shop...seems like they are far and few between in my area. you would think in a big city there would be plenty..oh well im going to roll the dice.
here's some pics had to return it to get a sleeve put in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.