Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering about headers for a c body.I have a freind that has told me the only way i could get a set of headers for my Newport was if i had them custom made and that it would cost me about $1000 ameican to do.oes anyody know if this is true or where i could find a set for cheap in canada or if they are made by a certain company??

Thanks alot for any help or suggestion.

Newport :D :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try Sanderson headers in South San Francisco, Ca. @ 650-583-4590. I was next door neighbor to a guy that worked there named Jay. They might have a generic 383 shorty header set that would fit all Chyrsler 383 v8s. Worth a try. I have a 64 Dodge 880 with a 383 and I will be calling them for same.
Noggin

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
The A body (Dart) 383 cast iron manifolds flow pretty good and won't need constant tightening, should fit your vehicle I believe. A real bi_ch to change the plugs after though. They are getting hard to find now-a-days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also investagated this approach I have a 66 Chrysler Town and Country Wagon 1 of 9035 Built
and it had a 383 2bbl However I am on a mission to replace it with a 400 4bbl and I to needed headers I FOUND that Hooker makes a C Body SUPER COMP only for $389 It seems like the logical choice ( by the way the primaries are
1 3/4 inch openings

1 - 5 of 5 Posts