Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wandering if any body out there knows how hard it would be to put a c4 in a 94 thunderbird already has a 302 i built in it but the trans is now junk! so i have a c4 but I dont know how hard it would be? any help would be greatly appriciated

·
Registered
576 Posts
c4

it can be done, but the cost would be such that you could save money if you had your transmission repaired. these things would need to be changed drive shaft is different, flywheel and support (ie cross member) oil lines need a bit of tweaking. you could adapt linkage to your shifter depending your c4 linkage.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
junk trans

the trans that is in it is a aode electric overdrive and i put a b&m zgate shifter in the console. so now the trans doesnt have a throttle position sensor or any kinda readings off the engine the engine i put in it has a 750 double pumper on it. it not what ya call factory swap I know ill probably have to move the cross but i didnt know how hard that was I dont care about the cooler lines Im going to rerun all of them anyway. but i need a good shift that will last. I have an aod also but everyone tells me that 2nd gear will blow right after a couple of runs on the strip. and im going to be at the strip more than street. thanks any other help would be highly appriciated

·
Registered
138 Posts
Kevin Leitem on sccoa has a C4 in his car. I think there are a couple other guys in the process of doing the same. I would probably go the same route if this is going to be primarily a strip car and not see much street driving. Otherwise the AOD can be built up fairly well to handle the abuse. The 4R70W can also be built up as well, but you'd probably have more in the stand alone trans controller than you want to spend.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey

I looked at kevins He now has a aod that is nothing but strip ready. so I am going to try to e-mail him and ask him for directions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts