Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought myself a '57 Cady and now I need to find some parts. I can prefab most of the patch panels I need myself(door bottoms, etc) but the right front fender has a pretty nasty dent through the bodyline, with enough time and patience I know I could fix it but if the price was right I'd like to just get a new fender! I also need the rear bumper ends where the exhaust exits, 40yrs of exhaust takes its toll on chrome! About the only other thing I need is a new windshield, I assume that will probly be the hardest piece of this puzzle to find. The rest of the body if fine, a couple small dents, but all in all very straight. Any help on where to find some parts would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Like the name.

First thing is the price won't be right, ever, unless of course your wallets ready to puke. In that case send some my way. Check <a href="http://www.chevsofthe40s.com" target="_blank">these guys</a> to see if they have what your looking for. If not or your not looking to spend that much your only other option is paper classifieds, swap meets and Hemmings motor news. Secondly, if the bumper ends only have damaged chrome, get them stripped and rechromed. No need to get a new set for $$$. As for the winsheild, any glass shop can make one so it won't be the hardest to find, just probably one of the most exspensive.

You also might want to check out Hotrodit's photo album and his past sweet daddy caddy's.

HK

[ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: Halloweenking ]</p>

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
I've had that head-ache of looking for Caddy parts for a while now. "God bless kids with sling shots my *** (back window). Mine however will no doubt be easier to find parts for than yours. I have found ebay has lots of parts for my '70 Coupe DeVille though. No idea if there is stuff for yours. Another place I've found stuff is at <a href="http://www.buysell.com" target="_blank">www.buysell.com</a> its here in Canada to boot. Good luck.

bonuts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First of all, thanks for the info, I'll have to check out those places! The bumper ends are rotted, not just tarnished or a little surface rust, but full-on rotten! So new ones(or ones in better shape) are definately in order. I'm not going to try and rush this project(when you can't find parts I don't think that's possible anyways), so I'll be checkin out the swap meets and classifieds and so forthe first before I go to the re-pro companies.

Oh, and my wallet is not even close to puking, I'd say more like dieing of starvation!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts