Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone...
Just got back from Los Angeles and I have to say that it was the best trip I have ever taken!

In the one week I was in SoCal I hit the Busch & Nextel Cup races at Fontana (my friend's mom had free tickets from her employer, who incidentally loves being close the the starting line...), and I must say the Cal Speedway is beautiful (Fontana leaves something to be desired)

I have to say tho' that Busch was cooler - In the last 2 laps Darryl Waltrip got manhandled by Biddle to win the race... Being my first NASCAR race I almost peed myself when the winner did 3 cookies and a walking brake stand for about a minute!!!! Needless to say I was like a little girl at NASCAR... PLUS! $3 closeout on all Cal Speedway gear... got 10 tshirts and 6 hats for $48!!!!!

I visited UCLA, USC, the Staples Center, downtown (of course), Long Beach (where my family is from), CalPoly, Santa Barbara, Pt. Mugu & Pt. Hueneme Naval bases (my friend is active USN), Hollywood, Bel-Air, Beverly Hills....you know the drill...

I have to say tho', the best parts were 1. Visitng Wesk Coast Customs... 2. Going to a Dodger game (vs. AZ Diamondbacks) - LA won 8-2 due in part to a grandslam from Mr. Ventura....
3. Hitting up the Santa Maria Antique Car Show, and 4. doing 85 MPH in bumper to bumber traffic down the 405!

Pictures will be posted soon for those interested...
Oh yeah, and I had to work today.... :(

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Whew whee!! We know who's adrenaline is still flowing. Glad you had a good time and looking forward to seeing the pics.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Kevin, it's simply really....

you could listen to one v8 in your driveway and get all excited (as I do..)

or...you can listen to 30.

there is nothing better than NASCAR... experiencing the real thing is impossible to explain with words.

holy$hit! do i love nascar!

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
Finally somebody else on board whos nuts 'bout NASCAR. Sounds great 68, I'm going to Vegas next year for the 400. It'll be great. I would really like to see a race at Martinsville, or Bristol though. But Vegas is the Cheapest. By the way whos Biddle?:thumbup:

bonuts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dammit man!
all i know is, there were lots of fast cars, hot roasting chics, and the beer flowed like the rivers of capistrano.

that, and i don't know busch series names worth a ****.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts