Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post i am 16 and getting ready to buy a 1974 chevy nova and the guy said that one of the calipers are locked up from just sitting in his garage and collecting moisture. now i know my fair share about cars but i wanted to come and check from the experts. ive herd alot of good things from here but anyways what will i need to do so i can unlock the caliper to drive it home when i buy it? im not sure so any ideas guys? thanks for the help

·
Administrator
18,472 Posts
Either replace the caliper with a rebuilt one (they are not expensive) at the present owners place, or get it towed and replace it at home. Not a big job. Hardest part is bleeding them.

From the sounds of it, I would replace the pads and rotors too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok sounds good but is there possibly a temp soultion towing would cost to much im only 10 minutes down the road would bleeding maybe free it up?

·
Administrator
18,472 Posts
Nothing that is really safe.....................if its only 10 min away, towing shouldn't cost that much. Besides, if you plan on driving it and you hit something, towing would have been MUCH cheaper in the long run.............................think about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts