Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's nice being able to just call in and say...
"Boss...Listen...I won't be in today..."

Sure, I'll get written-up for missing work, but at least I'll still get paid for it... Beats the hell out of getting up at 5am anyday!

Who's down to skip school with the cool kids?

·
Registered
13 Posts
God, I wish I could.....My boss is annoying the crap out of me (can i say crap?)
She is THE MOST negative person on the PLANET, always looking for something to gripe about.....grrrrrrr.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
No sick days for me, but hey, I'm still crusin' the internet and getting paid to do it!

Have a nice day off!

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Most of my professors start taking points off the first time you miss their class so it looks like I'm not allowed to be sick until winter break.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They all say that Ghetto...from my experience, they usually only take off MAYBE a 1/4 of a point......and unless you are either doing really bad or barely getting a certain grade, it probably won't affect you that much.
I missed 19 days last year due to Mono, yeah it sucked making it up but I did and still passed with flying colors.

·
Administrator
18,428 Posts
I've been off the last 2 nights, but I really have been sick. 1st time in about 5 years that I have gotten the flu...............

Maybe, that's why I have been so grumpy.

Better get a flu shot this fall...............

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When fishing season started I went to a freshman required class maybe 3 times... took the midterm, the final, and wrote a paper...

A-.

Since I'm working from 6A-2:30P, my school schedule is in the evenings now... Problem is, I have to actually go because you only meet twice a week....for 3 hours....

I'm HOPING after today I DONT get sick!
(school starts on Monday)

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
This is funny, I was just thinking about sick days. I book off sick/personal pretty much once a week during the summer. I think I'm at 15 days so far this year... No trouble either. Love them unions!

bonuts

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
We have to schedule sick days two weeks in advance or we can be wrote up.Yeah boss man,I think that I'll be sick two weeks from Friday.Better pencil me in.We have a few idiots who will come in and work regardless,die hard company guys.I left one night when 1 guy came in with the response of,If I can walk I can work.Spread the disease to your family,not your co workers,It would be a shame for the shop to close because one guy came in and gave everyone else his virus!

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Not calling in unless your sick.

Thats what sick days are for. A mature work ethic will tell you its wrong to blow of a day and put your work on somebody else. I work for FO MO CO in Avon Ohio and we have a problem with people blowing off and just not showing up or calling off. I call it having a poor work ethic and being immature. Just my opinion, do as you will! When you grow up you will see how childish this is to do. Being mature is being responsible to your job, your boss and to yourself....pride!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
Where I work we have a "Spare Board" the junior guys/gals only work, when you guessed it, others book off for whatever reason. So I don't feel bad, its more like job creation! These guys don't get a paycheck unless I don't work. Spout only when you know the whole story.

Oh yeah, and pride nothing. I work for one reason, and one reason only.... ME. I need the dough, so I work. When I go to work the other 3 days (full 24 hours, maybe more) I do my job as good as possible. If I have something to do, I don't go to work. I guess everything is diiferent where I work, as I have no set schedule. On call 24/7, I can get a rough idea when I'm going to work, but its never dead on accurate.

bonuts

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Not calling in unless your sick.
They are listed as personal days,I did not mean sick days.So in that turn it is my personal day,if I want to take it I will,that is why it's a personal day.

·
Administrator
18,428 Posts
Wish I got personal days.........................Oh, I do..........I am just too stupid to take 'em...........I get paid for days off and the last 2 days were the 1st I've missed in 2 years.....Now, thats dumb.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey now tm -

there is a difference between work ethic and laziness.
if you'd like a copy of my resume, recent promotion certificate, performance reviews (including attendance), and my daily schedule - i can show you work ethic.

(N. Bratcher, Process & Research - AT&T Wireless Services, Inc.)

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
a little story about work.....

one day, I (or You) will die. Our place of employment will miss us surely, but in a short amount of time, I (or you) will be replaced, and the machine will march on, much like I had never been there. My (or actually Your) family will never be able to replace us. They may get to the point where they can go day to day with out us, but there will always be a void. Your family will never get over losing you.

Never put work before family.

Work don't give a rat's *** about you or me. Never forget that.

right now, for the record, I have enough sick leave accumulated to take almost three months off. Just can't seem to get sick enough......

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Crazy Larry,I thought I just heard you sneeze.That may be a cold,sounds like you need to take a few days off.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
There's nothing wrong with booking off sick for a day just as long as you don't make stupid excuses and you don't do it very often. Most people know how to work the system without looking like a lazy moron to their fellow co-workers.

K

·
Registered
13 Posts
gots to get me one them there unions!

I work 9 1/2 hour days mon-friday and 4 hours every other sunday with my 3 jobs. I fit school in during the evenings, online, and on Saturdays... so I have a life at about 11pm-4am and boy do I milk it for all it's worth baby! I live on coffee and sugar. Almost passed out after coffee O/D a few times, doesn't feel real nice ...caffeine is crazy

I only call in sick when I'm not really sick because it's better to be sick at work rather than be sick on a day off! Am I right???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts