Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
the youngone
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am wesley . And i am from holland. I am rebuilding a 305 yes i know its not spectacular but its my first v8

I wil geve the engine a edelbrock performer manifold with a edelbrock 600 carb also i want a better camshaft. . So now the question what cam can i run on a stock engine . I was thingking of the edelbrock performer plus 2102 but can i run it with my stock valvesprings ?

Thanks

·
Registered
774 Posts
I think that is a nice choice. Summit SUM-1102 may save you a few $.

Allthough not entirely nessessary, I would change the valve springs. It is a small investment,around $30-40 for a decent set to compliment that cam.

New valve stem seals while your in there also.

·
the youngone
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Summit is that a cheaper cam? Btw yes. Al of the gaskets and seals ar getting new . I m thinkin to port the heads also .. Good idea wil it give a good job after porting? How much hp can i run if i m luckey?

Thnx

·
the youngone
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cam

Hello the block is a 14093627 and the heads are 14102187
In 1.88 out 1.5 i did a compression test and i came out with 159pci on each cil

What springs would you recomend ?

Thnx

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
First you say you're rebuilding a 305 and ask what cam to use. Later on, you tell us that the cylinder pressure is 159 pci (I assume you meant psi). Do you currently have a running motor, but plan to tear it down for a rebuild? You couldn't have checked cylinder pressure unless the motor was somewhat together.

·
the youngone
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes i mean psi . The engine was running good before bud i want to rebuild it and perform it a little .. But anyone a idea for the springs

Thnx.

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
give a complete list of the parts you intend to use if you want something better than just a guess.With diligent work and a decent supply of "quality" parts, one horse power per cubic inch is easy to attain.

·
the youngone
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok engine a stock 305 (code 14093627) heads 14102187 58 cc
cam summit sum 1102 manifold edelbrock performer carb a edelbrock 600cfm and headers

the heads are getting a little flowed

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
super chargers work well,turbos also work well

rather than ask miscellaneous questions and getting random answers:
tell us the application for the engine and what you would like for performance.
biggest obstacle is always budget.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.