Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again hope every one has a nice holiday:thumbup: Got another one of those darn cam ?'s again, i believe i mest up on my C/R figure's when i thought i had 9.6 with my .125 dome hyper's siting .010 in the hole, with a .028 gasket, and a 76cc chamber. Now i believe that im closer to the 10.5:1 C/R mark with the .028 gasket's, and 10.2:1 with a set of .041 gasket wich i think is a bit much for my High Energy 268 Comp cam. I know i could just purchace a new set of flat top's to bring the C/R down to around 9.2 or 3:1 but the piston's i have are installed and ready to go and would like to know about how much more cam i can use to bleed off some of the C/R so i can run atleast high test pump gas. The engine is a 355sbc with SR torquer head's, EPS performer and carb, header's, saginaw 3-speed, 3.40 gears. The vehicle is a !/2 ton C10 short bed, that will be going back together next week.:confused: :thumbup:

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
You want your compression higher.

I would go with the .041 gaskets.

Sell the cam on Ebay. I sold the same one and got $50 for it used.

There are tons of cams out there for cheap. Run the 10.2:1 compression with a cam that has a 220o to 225o @ .050" duration. With a 110 to 112 lobe sep., you should end up with 18 to 20 inches of vacuum, good mileage, and more power throughout the RPMs.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ThanX (lluciano77) for your insite! it sound's like a plan, Yea when i called Comp cams about this problem, they recamended the Magnum 270 even though they sometime's dont pay attention to the hole story before they recamend a cam, but in this case i think your right on the money with the .041 head gasket, and i'll use the 270 mag. Plus i'll stick the High Energy 268 cam on the shelf for another day.(ThanX again and have a great Holiday):thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts