Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 350 with 383 stroker crank,6in rods .30 flat top valve relief piston
882 heads what size cam would I want to use I have a clevite cam dur.224 224 adver. dur 292 288 valve lift 450 460 cam lift 300 387.The more I do
the more I have to learn not sure what carb. to use any suggestion I am going to need them lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
notsure said:
Have 350 with 383 stroker crank,6in rods .30 flat top valve relief piston
882 heads what size cam would I want to use I have a clevite cam dur.224 224 adver. dur 292 288 valve lift 450 460 cam lift 300 387.The more I do
the more I have to learn not sure what carb. to use any suggestion I am going to need them lol.
First what are you going to use the motor for,then that will help with cam size. Racing or Street.

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
Weiand Air Strike dual plane intake and a 750 air valve secondary will work well. Edelbrock is good too.

If you need more heat for cold weather, use the NON air cooled intake to help retain some heat.

·
Semper Gumby
395 Posts
Cam Size

OK so you have told us about the engine- now - what gears & tires are you running- in what car, (How much does it weigh?) is it stick or automatic, and if auto, what stall T/C?

The whole thing is a package. Even if every single piece is the absolute best, if it doesn't all work together, you are not going to be happy with the sum total.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.