Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
305 Turbo-Fire 240hp
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres a guy on here selling a cam, a crane energizer that I was considering. The cam specs are 282 adv duration, 480 lift, 107-117 lobe speration and 228 @.050. What type of application would this cam be good for and does anyone have experience with it. Just any overall info would be great.

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
That particular grind has been around for a long time. Also offered by just about every other retailer.

This is about the biggest cam you can run on a stock converter. A "Saturday night special" (2200-2500+) type converter is a better choice.

Vac for power brakes is almost marginal and a lot of carbs need the drill a hole in the butterfly treatment to get smooth idle transition.

Lopy idle. Wide flat power band. Good on 350-400 engines with 9.5 or better compression, intake, headers.

There are better modern cams out there but if it fits the budget...

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
American Muscle said:
Theres a guy on here selling a cam, a crane energizer that I was considering. The cam specs are 282 adv duration, 480 lift, 107-117 lobe speration and 228 @.050. What type of application would this cam be good for and does anyone have experience with it. Just any overall info would be great.
Not to come across as a smart***, but I just want to help you and others reading this to get the nomenclature straight. 107 is the intake centerline after top dead center (IC). 117 is the exhaust centerline before top dead center (EC). 112 is the lobe separation angle (LSA), sometimes called lobe center (LC). (107 + 117 / 2).

·
305 Turbo-Fire 240hp
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
techinspector1 said:
Not to come across as a smart***, but I just want to help you and others reading this to get the nomenclature straight. 107 is the intake centerline after top dead center (IC). 117 is the exhaust centerline before top dead center (EC). 112 is the lobe separation angle (LSA), sometimes called lobe center (LC). (107 + 117 / 2).

UUUUUHHHHH THANKS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.